A productive hobby is a hobby that not only entertains you but also positively influences the professional and personal aspects of your life.
What hobbies can increase productivity and help in business? The answer is well-described in the article, posted on Hygger blog. Hygger.io is a powerful tool for project management and team collaboration, so its team knows exactly how to increase one’s productivity. Here’re the extracts from the publication:
Hobbies can be extremely beneficial and bring real profits – they assist to increase the ability to cope with stress and overwhelm.
Here is the list of productive hobbies that can help you and your team perform better:
- Reading – the classic way to both entertain yourself and acquire new knowledge and skills. Reading reduces stress, strengthens brain activity, improves health, and boosts happiness.
- Writing. Write about anything that has interest for you – from a play or movie script to a private diary. You can also share your experience and knowledge with those who are just starting their professional activities and taking the first steps.
- Physical activities. As more and more people spend so much time in front of screens, it becomes even the more important hobby. Do not forget to move your body as a physical exercise is a great thing to cheer up and work harder.
- Managing a personal blog – it may be a great source for your future CV. However, you should take control of your online presence and do not leave yourself open in embarrassing team building photos.
- Volunteering. Use your free time to volunteer, assist at a shelter, or contribute to a charity. This act will be definitely something profoundly rewarding.
- Video games. Playing games can actually be beneficial, especially if you are playing with other people. Teamwork, provided in video games take your mind off of everyday stress.
- Gardening – an interesting hobby that elevates mood and distracts from sitting at a desk staring at a PC screen all day.
- Yoga also seems to be productive, as it allows focusing on improving your physical condition and body. It also optimizes emotional and spiritual well-being.
- Foreign languages. Nowadays many options, offline and online courses, and tools help make learning a new language a cinch.
- Playing a musical instrument. This hobby can actually make you smarter and give you a brain boost.
- Handicraft – it’s about any crafting sort from knitting and sewing to woodworking, metalworking and something else. Any of your talents regarding crafting is a great way to spend free time and get inspiration for work.
Productive hobbies make you relax and enjoy the little things as well as expand your mind in many ways.
Choose the hobby that will make you more productive and smarter in the long run. What is your favorite productive hobby?